I play alto, tenor, and soprano saxophone. I also sing, play a MIDI wind controller, a little keys, and a little guitar & bass. Making music got my attention at an early age, and it has been something I have done in some capacity or another since I was a teenager.
I got involved in analog audio and video hardware in the 80s and kept on learning all that I could about it (plus I worked in the A/V biz for years). I started gigging in the late 80s, started tracking and mixing projects in the early 90s and since then have become pretty handy with Cubase as well as a wide variety of plugins, VST instruments, and hardware.
Gig-wise, I’ve played most of the local (Victoria BC area) venues & festivals at some point, with some band or another. A few highlights include the Victoria International JazzFest (with Soul Station), Blues Bash (with Soul Station, Soul Shakers, and Groove Kitchen), the Oak Bay Tea Party (again with Soul Station, Soul Shakers, and Groove Kitchen), and opening for a variety of well-known artists such as Eric Burdon & The Animals.
I’m currently taking a break from gigging to produce some long-delayed new original material.
Some Past Projects
2012-2014: Groove Kitchen (saxophones, vocals)
2011: Collaboration on Moths Mix with Sect.23
2003-2005: Soul Station (alto saxophone, vocals)
2004: Allison Crowe (production & engineering assistance on her debut solo album, “Secrets”)
2004: “Nanaimo – The Harbour City In Pictures” (music producer/arranger/engineer, alto saxophone)
2004: One2Many (alto saxophone)
1995: Leo Dann Band (alto saxophone)
1994-2009: Ronald Anthony & Friends (alto & soprano saxophone & MIDI wind controller on various releases)
1994: Just Jake (lead vocals, alto saxophone, keyboards)
1991-1994: Threshold (vocals, alto & tenor saxophone, keyboards)
1991-1994: Red Zone/The Deep (co-writer/producer/arranger/engineer, alto saxophone, vocals)
- B & H clarinet, B & S Series 1000 soprano saxophone, Evette Schaeffer tenor saxophone, Selmer Super Action 80 Series II alto saxophone
- Epiphone Dot Studio, Ibanez Gio 5-string bass, Jackson Dinky, Orange Micro Crush amp
- Akai LPK25, Akai MPK49, M-Audio Trigger Finger, Steinberg CC121, Steinberg CMC controllers (8), Yamaha WX5 MIDI wind controller
- Yamaha VL70m physical modelling synth
- Steinberg Cubase Pro 8.5, Steinberg UR824 audio interface (2), custom Windows 10 PC by Raindog Solutions
Virtual Instruments & Effects
- Korg Legacy Collection, Native Instruments Komplete 10 Ultimate, Nomad Factory Integral Studio Pack III, Soundtoys 5, Spectrasonics Omnisphere 2, Stylus RMX, Trilian, Steinberg Groove Agent 4, The Grand 3, Virtual Bassist, Virtual Guitarist 2, Wave Arts Master Restoration bundle, and misc. plugins from BBE, dbx, Eventide, Izotope, Lexicon, Softube, SSL, Waves etc.
- AKG C1000S, AKG C419, AKG D112, AMT WI5 wireless, Audio-Technica AT4047SV, CAD Equitek E100 (pair), Electro-Voice RE20, Mojave MA200, Neumann TLM103, Royer R121, Sennheiser MD421-II, Shure 55SH II, Shure Beta 57 (3), Shure Beta 58, Shure SM7B
- AKG K500 headphones, ART Tube MP Studio preamp, AudioQuest cables, Audio-Technica ATH-M50 headphones, Black Lion Audio B12A Mk II preamp, Black Lion Audio B173 preamp, Genelec M030 monitors, IK Multimedia ARC System 2 DSP room correction, M-Audio USB MIDISport 8×8/s MIDI interface, Mackie HR624 monitors, Primacoustic room treatment & Recoil Stabilizers, Sennheiser HD280 Pro headphones, True Systems P-Solo preamp, Velodyne HGS10 subwoofer